WELWYN SLINGS HIRE SERVICE TERMS & CONDITIONS
We want all parents to get the chance to use and enjoy our carriers safely, so when you hire a carrier from us we’ll ask that you read and agree to our Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions will also be emailed to you for your reference. We update our Terms and Conditions periodically.
These Terms and Conditions refer only to the hiring service at Welwyn Slings.
If you need any further explanation or help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07709446120.
Welwyn Slings. Sling Hire Service Terms and Conditions:
1. Personal details
2. Your details will only be used to contact you in relation to your hire. You may be asked to confirm if you also wish to be kept up to date with other Welwyn Slings and parent company CubCare news, updates and promotions.
3. For each carrier you hire you must submit your full name, postal address, email address, mobile telephone number. All details must be current and accurate.
1. In order to hire a carrier, a bank transfer of £50 deposit to Mrs J Clarke, sort code 20-92-54, account number 90898651 will be needed in case of loss, damage or non-return; and/or late fees up to the full value of the carrier. Cash deposits may be accepted in exceptional circumstances only, at our discretion.
2. If we receive the carrier back on or before the return date, in as-seen condition, with any accessories and without marks or damage, the deposit will be returned in full.
3. If we receive the carrier back after the return date, and/or the carrier has been marked or damaged, fees will be owed and payable upon return of the carrier. See below for charges that may be incurred.
4. Refunds and any other charges may, as with all banking transactions, take up to 28 days to process with your bank. However, we have found that they usually complete within 72 hours of the complete amount being taken. (Banking Hours - Mon – Fri from 9am till 5 pm). During the clearing process, your bank and statement may not have updated itself as yet. In these occasions, it is asked that you remain patient and let the transactions clear within the banking system.
3. Hire Reference Number, Instructions and contact details
1. Once hire fees and deposit have been paid, you will be given the hired carriers. A hire reference number will be created for each carrier you hire. Please keep this hire reference number to hand, as it will need to be given to us along with the carrier when you return it to us; and to arrange any hire extensions.
2. An email will be sent to you within 24 hours or hiring the carriers, containing
• A link to online instructions
• Your Hire Reference Number(s)
• Names of the carrier(s) you have hired
• A reminder of the return date
• A copy of these terms and conditions
• Welwyn Sling's contact details
4. Hire Cost and Duration
1. Welwyn Sling's hire service enables customers to try carriers before they purchase from their chosen store. Welwyn Slings has access to discount codes from some brands directly so please ask.
2. The standard hire period is 2 weeks.
3. Subject to availability and at our discretion, you may arrange to borrow carriers for a 1 week, 1 months or 3 month period.
4. All carriers are hired out subject to availability, condition and suitability. If you wish to hire a specific carrier then we suggest contacting us in advance to check availability.
5. We cannot guarantee which colours or designs of any particular carrier are available.
6. Hire fees are as follows:
Hire fee category
A - Stretchy Wraps e.g. Boba, Hana, Freerider. Stretchy carriers e.g. Close Caboo - 1 week £5, 2 week £7.50, 1 month £10, 3 month £25
B - Ring Slings - 1 week £5, 2 weeks £7.50, 1 month £15, 3 month £30
C - Woven wraps - 1 week £10, 2 weeks £12.50, 1 month £20, 3 months £45
D - Meh Dai, half buckle e.g. Didymos DidyKlick, Oscha Cairis, Tula half buckle - 1 week £10, 2 weeks £12.50, 1 month £20, 3 months £45
E - Buckle carriers - 1 week £10, 2 weeks £12.50, 1 month £20, 3 months £45
F - Toddler/Pre-schooler carrier - 1 week £10, 2 weeks £12.50, 1 month £20, 3 months £45
7. Subject to availability up to 2 carriers may be hired at one time. Once a carrier is returned another hire may be made.
5. Extensions and Late Fees
1. You are responsible for ensuring a carrier is returned to us by the return date. Please note that opening hours at Welwyn Slings vary, so a time and date for a late return will need to be agreed with Welwyn Slings.
2. Carriers must be returned in person to Welwyn Slings, 27 Wilshere Road, Welwyn, Herts, AL6 9PU during our opening hours and handed to a member of the team in person, along with the name and email address of the hirer, and your Hire Reference Number(s)
3. If you are not able to return the carrier to us in person by the due date:
Arrange an extension. We understand that life with babies and small children does not always go to plan. If you can’t return the carrier to us by the due date and need to arrange a hire extension, do let us know as soon as you can via phone or email.
Please email us at email@example.com speak to us on 07709446120 to request an extension on your hire at the standard hire cost, depending on the category of carrier you have hired (see table above), up to a total hire period of no longer than 3 months. Total hire periods of longer than 3 months days, including any extensions, are possible in only exceptional circumstances, subject to availability and at the discretion of Welwyn Slings.
Late Fees will be accrued.
If your carrier returned late without having arranged an extension, you will accrue late fees of £3 per day per item until the carrier is returned to us. Accrued late fees due will be deducted from your deposit upon return of the carrier, or upon classification as a Non-Return (see below).
We may notify you via email, telephone or text message that your hires are late and that fees are being accrued. But please remember that return of carriers in a timely fashion, and payment of any late or associated fees, remains the sole responsibility of the hirer.
6. Damage to carriers
1. Charges for soiling, marks, odours (especially smoke or damp) aesthetic or structural damage to carriers hired will be judged on a case by case basis, at the discretion of Welwyn Slings, and taken from your deposit. We will take into account any cleaning or professional services required. Charges for lost accessories or components will be equal to replacement cost (including any postage costs).
2. If Welwyn Slings deems that the carrier is no longer in a hireable condition, the full replacement cost (usually RRP) of the carrier will be due to be paid by the hirer. Often the deposit is not sufficient to cover the replacement cost of a carrier.
7. Non-returned carriers
1. If your carrier is lost, or not received by us within 28 days of the return date, your hire will be classed as a Non-Return and the cost of a replacement carrier will be due by the hirer, in addition to accrued late fees.
2. Failure to pay for damaged or non-returned carriers will result in your case being taken to the small claims court to recover costs. All associated costs will be paid for by the hirer.
8. Payment Methods
1. Hire fees are payable by credit/debit card, PayPal or by cash.
9. Condition of Carriers
1. All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan and must confirm on the loan form that it is in working order.
2. It is the borrower’s responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
10. Safe Use of Carriers
1. ALL CARRIERS ARE EXTREMELY SAFE WHEN USED PROPERLY, HOWEVER MISUSE CAN CAUSE INJURY TO YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILD. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE USING THE CARRIER CORRECTLY AND THAT YOUR BABY OR CHILD IS SAFE AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE CARRIER. Welwyn Slings or parent company CubCare cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
2. Instructions for safe use of your carrier are provided via email within 24 hours of your hire. If, for any reason they are not supplied, it is the borrower’s responsibility to ask for a copy of the instructions.
3. The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, though where there is a choice we may recommend particular carrying methods or positions.
4. We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
5. Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
6. If you feel any pain while using the carrier, change the carrying position or remove the carrier and contact us for advice.
11. Washing and Care of Carriers
1. Please spot clean carriers as necessary using a gentle cleaning liquid soap, or equivalent, which is suitable for fabrics. Never use bleach or any cleaning products that contain bleach. If a carrier is returned to us soiled, marked or odorous, an additional fee will be charged (see Damage to Carriers).
2. If spot cleaning does not adequately remove any soiling, marks or odours, then:
In the case of fabric-only wraps and slings: Please wash in the machine on a 30-degree wash with a gentle, non-bio liquid; without fabric softener; and air dry.
In the case of carriers that have any clips, buckles, rings, plastic, metal or Velcro components: please contact us for advice, as some carriers are more tolerant of repeated washing than others. We will advise you either to return the carrier to use for professional laundering; or to do up all buckles and fastenings, place inside a clean pillowcase, wash on machine on a 30- degree wash with a gentle, non-bio liquid; without fabric softener; and air dry thoroughly.
3. We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned and only laundered if necessary as freshly washed carriers will not be as soft or flexible as those that are not, and repeated washing will shorten the lifespan of the carrier.
4. We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction and we will endeavour to meet this request.
5. Food, dribble and posset marks are expected when carrying children and are usually easy to spot clean before you return the carrier to us. Please keep carriers away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, bleach etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc) to avoid additional fees being charges (see Damage to carriers).
6. Under no circumstances is smoking permitted whilst wearing or holding the carrier, or near to the carrier.
7. If there is any known damage to the carrier, please inform Welwyn Slings via phone or email as soon as you are aware of the damage.
12. All carriers and accessories remain the property Welwyn Slings at all times, and all hiring services are subject to availability and our discretion.